The Stilo WRC DES Composite helmet is available in 2 versions – RALLY or TURISMO (Circuit). The WRC DES Composite helmet is a redesigned and updated version of the WRC Rally helmet. This new version has a kevlar/MSF (Multi Sandwich Fibre) composite shell and is both Snell SA2015 and FIA 8859-2015 approved.
WRC DES Composite RALLY – This helmet is fitted with Stilo’s WRC intercom system that includes: noise attenuating earmuffs which are fitted with speakers, magnetic-dynamic noise cancelling microphone, fully integrated intercom plug. Fitted as standard with HANS posts. Weight: small shell 1450g±30g, large shell 1500g±30g.
WRC DES Composite TURISMO (Circuit) – This helmet is fitted with integrated radio connections (magnetic-dynamic noise cancelling microphone, radio connection) and noise attenuating earmuffs certified for circuit use. They are not fitted with speakers which are not permitted on circuit – communication is always carried out through ear plugs. Fitted as standard with HANS posts. Weight: small shell 1330g±30g, large shell 1380g±30g.
Other features include:
- Adjustable Microphone: WRC DES is fitted with an easily adjustable microphone boom/holder. All it takes is to remove the holder padding and to use the provided spacers to move the microphone 5, 10 or 15 mm closer to the mouth.
- Integrated Plug: WRC DES integrated plug is positioned away from the HANS posts in order to ease the jack connection to the intercom (Rally and Offshore) or radio (Turismo).
- Adjustable Peak: The peak can be raised and lowered to give the driver clear visibility even when the sun is on the horizon. Optional high optical quality flip up visor available.
- Earmuffs: Certified for circuit usage as well, they assure the helmet to be perfectly soundproof. Their pressure on the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber paddings placed in between the earmuffs and the shell. The Rally and Offshore versions hosts speakers while in the Turismo (Circuit) version they are removable and free from cables as speakers are not permitted on track.
- EPS Cheekpads: WRC DES is the only helmet on the market, fitted both with earmuffs and EPS (expandable polystyrene) cheekpads. The use of EPS cheekpads ensures better protection in case of lateral impacts.
- Two Shell Sizes: XS, S and M (small shell), L, XL and XXL (large shell).
Snell SA2015 & FIA 8859-2015 approved