The Stilo WRC 8860 ZERO DES Rally helmet is the first of its kind to pass the most stringent FIA safety test yet (FIA 8860-2018). The helmet is made from moulded autoclaved carbon and unlike the other helmets in the Stilo range the 8860 versions are solid carbon for high strength and ultra light weight.
- Adjustable Microphone: WRC DES is fitted with a new easily adjustable microphone holder. All it takes to change the position of the microphone is to remove the holder padding and to insert spacers that move the microphone 5, 10 or 15 mm closer to the mouth.
- Integrated Plug: WRC DES integrated plug is positioned away from the HANS posts in order to ease the Jack connection to the intercom.
- Earmuffs: Noise attenuating which reduces ambient noise which can be problematic in competition cars, integrated speakers for optimum comfort on longer stages.
- EPS Cheekpads: WRC DES is the only helmet on the market, fitted both with earmuffs and EPS (expandable polystyrene) cheekpads. Stilo’s experience gained from the ST4 (first helmet in the world to be F1 certified with earmuffs) has been carried over to the WRC DES. The use of EPS cheekpads ensures better protection in case of lateral impacts.
- Adjustable Peak: The WRC DES peak can be raised and lowered to give the driver clear visibility even when the sun is on the horizon.
- Double Shell: Two different shells: one for small sizes (XS, S and M) and one for large sizes (L and XL), they weigh from only 1120g -/+30g
This particular version has been developed for the most discerning competitor as it is the ultra lightweight WRC DES 8860 Zero helmet weighing an astonishing 1120g +/- 30g with no sacrifice in the renowned highest Stilo quality and performance. The WRC 8860 DES Zero helmet is equipped with a WRC Intercom system providing optimum clarity and reliability which includes noise attenuating earmuffs with speaker system, magnetic dynamic noise cancelling microphone and fully integrated microphone plug.
The helmet kit includes storage bag for protection, 2 visors (dark smoke and yellow), cleaner and spare screw kit.
FIA 8860-2018 approved