The new Stilo ST5 range of helmets have been developed after meticulous and inexhaustible research for perfection. Pushing the standards of safety and quality even further, the Stilo ST5 is now the benchmark for all competitors.
Improving upon the previous ST4 (which is still a very good helmet), the new model is lighter, uses a smaller shell, has increased vision with a visor which lifts fully out of line of sight, is more comfortable, has better aerodynamics, has better ventilation and uses a new visor locking clasp which can easily be operated with just one hand. Another important first is the large size helmet now uses the small shell size which in turn means more competitors fit into the smaller, lighter and more aerodynamic small shell size.
This Snell approved version, built from the best materials (carbon/kevlar) and using the best building techniques (autoclave moulding), together with the use of an EPS (expandable polystyrene), combine to achieve a very low weight helmet with extremely high safety standards. Ideal for use in saloon and GT racing the helmet is supplied as standard with a short sunshade – a full visor is available as an option if use in an open top car is required.
Stilo ST5 GT Carbon – This helmet is fitted with an integrated radio connection that includes: magnetic-dynamic noise cancelling microphone, integrated radio connection plug, integrated ear plugs connection, removable earmuffs. Factory fitted FHR (Hans) posts. Weight: small shell 1350±30g, large shell 1400±30g
Other features Include:
- Integrated Plugs: No more hanging cables and possible breakages. The whole electronics package is integrated into the helmet as well as the plug connecting to the radio. For circuit use, wiring connections are available separately to connect to the most common car radio systems. The plug is on the left hand side of the helmet
- Adjustable Microphone: Magnetic-dynamic noise-cancelling microphone. Supplied with spacers to move the microphone position closer to the drivers mouth
- Earmuffs: Certified for track use as they offer excellent isolation from external noises. They are removable and not fitted with speakers, which are not permitted on circuit: communication is always carried out through ear plugs. The pressure on the head from the earmuffs can be adjusted by changing the special foam rubber pads (supplied) positioned between the earmuff and the helmet
- Drinks System Connection Plug: Built in to the helmet on the left hand side is the optional drinks system port. Allowing the driver to easily stay hydrated during a competition and with quick release couplings also making it easy to enter and exit the car. If preferred the helmet also has preparation for a frontal drinking system entering through the front air vent
- Double Shell: Two different shell sizes: small (XS, S, M and L), large (XL, XXL and XXXL)
- Optional: Front spoiler, rear spoiler, air intakes, visors, tear-offs, top air system and driver drinking system
If no electronics are needed please consider the ST5F N Carbon helmet and purchase the optional sunshade.
Snell SA2015 & FIA 8859-2015 approved