This Offshore version of the WRC DES helmet is painted in a high visibility orange primarily for powerboat use this helmet is the same as the Rally version but is not fitted with factory HANS/FHR posts. Still fitted with Stilo’s WRC intercom system that includes: noise attenuating earmuffs which are fitted with speakers, magnetic-dynamic noise cancelling microphone, fully integrated intercom plug. Weight: small shell 1480g±30g, large shell 1560g±30g.
Other features include:
- Adjustable Microphone: WRC DES is fitted with an easily adjustable microphone boom/holder. All it takes is to remove the holder padding and to use the provided spacers to move the microphone 5, 10 or 15 mm closer to the mouth.
- Integrated Plug: WRC DES integrated plug is positioned away from the optional HANS/FHR posts in order to ease the jack connection to the intercom.
- Adjustable Peak: The peak can be raised and lowered to give the driver clear visibility even when the sun is on the horizon. Optional high optical quality flip up visor available.
- Earmuffs: Fitted with speakers they assure the helmet to be perfectly soundproof. Their pressure on the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber paddings placed in between the earmuffs and the shell.
- EPS Cheekpads: WRC DES is the only helmet on the market, fitted both with earmuffs and EPS (expandable polystyrene) cheekpads. The use of EPS cheekpads ensures better protection in case of lateral impacts.
- Two Shell Sizes: XS, S and M (small shell), L, XL and XXL (large shell).
Snell SA2015 & FIA 8859-2015 approved